- 12 oz. bag riced cauliflower (I use frozen)
- 8 oz. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 serving plant-based protein (I used Nuzest Vanilla – use code emilyminer for 15% off and FREE shipping!)
- Splash vanilla extract
- Cinnamon & nutmeg, to taste
- Stevia, to desired sweetness
- 1 tablespoon nut butter of choice (I like NuttZo Crunchy Power Fuel)
- In a saute pan, steam frozen cauliflower rice (if you use fresh, you can skip this step). NOTE: Avoid over steaming and it turning to mush. #yuck
- In a small sauce pan, bring almond milk to boil.
- Drain excess water from cauliflower rice, then add to sauce pan with almond milk. Reduce to simmer.
- Add flaxseed, vanilla and spices to sauce pan. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded zucchini. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat. NOTE: If you cook too long, zucchini will turn the whole thing watery. Also yuck.
- Stir in protein and stevia, if desired. NOTE: Plant-based protein tends to absorb more liquid so, if you need to add additional almond milk to achieve desired texture, do it. Zero stress.
- Scoop nut butter onto your spoon, then place in bowl. Transfer mixture from sauce pan to bowl.