Hiyo! Writing to you from my couch, munching on protein bar #2 on the day, cut into little pieces (because: #bitesized), because I really need, but don’t want to do a major grocery haul. And so, because I get so many questions from all of you as to what I eat on the day-to-day, I figured I’d write up a quick post instead of checking said item off the to-do.
Let me preface this by saying that, as always, what works for me may not work for you. Personally, I would rather make a few smaller trips throughout the week than a single major shop but 1) it’s convenient *enough* for me to do so and 2) I secretly love grocery shopping! Anyhow, I highly recommend keeping a running list to avoid forgetting something, and also, to stay on budget. My list is organized according to the following categories so as to minimize shop time by facilitating efficient navigation of the store. Please note that I do not buy all of these things every week, but typically always have them on hand.
Feel free to print this off for a quick grab n’ go. Ready, set, #legooo!
- Egg whites
- Lean ground turkey
- Rotisserie chicken (a great convenience option)
- Grass-fed ground beef or bison
- Canned wild salmon
- Keta Salmon
- Kale (and these kale chips!)
- Broccoli/broccolini or cauliflower (<– I’ve been loving this roasted!)
- Asparagus (try it grilled!)
- Sweet potatoes
- Berries (but, a lower sweet fruit)
ON-THE-GO (*remember: preparedness NOT willpower is the key to resisting temptation 😉 )
- Protein bars (I have been loving Quest Nutrition, new-to-me KillCliff and also, Biotrust protein cookies)
- Protein powder (I try to switch it up, but typically a plant protein- I like Vega and PlantFusion; occasionally something else.)
[NOTE: I typically order these offline.]
MISCELLANEOUS (but necessary… so SO necessary)
- Nuttzo (<– This stuff? SO good. I was just recently introduced, but man was I missing out!)
- Cacao powder
- Coconut oil
- GF oats
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Organic coffee
- Green tea
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Balsamic vinegar
- Low-sodium salsa
What is the one thing that makes it into your cart (or buggy, here in the South) on the reg, or that we could always find in your pantry? Anything I’ve got to try? Let me know on my Facebook page! 🙂
And if a grocery haul is on your to-do this weekend, would love for you to post pics of your cart (or fridge) there or on Instagram and tag me @emilynminer.