Week of November 7, At-A-Glance
Here’s my eating and exercise game plan for the week, which is subject to change because how I feel (influenced by things like sleep, stress, work… um, life) and what my body craves (i.e. nutritional needs/preferences, not cravings) are also subject to change. And if/when they do, I adjust accordingly. No prob. Even if that means an extra rest day, a healthier baked treat or an extra scoop of nut butter before bed… or both! Actually, I almost always have a snack before bed (because snack life = best life).
With the time change and daylight earlier, this week’s workouts are happening in the 4:00 p.m. hour, dinner is my post-workout meal and then the aforementioned snack happens a few hours later. And, I leisure walk daily. In fact, multiple times a day (because, pup). Consider leisure walking not exercise, but a necessity. Your mind & body will thank you!
Without further adieu…
- Sunday: HIIT cardio & full-body strength
- Monday: HIIT cardio & bodyweight AMRAP
- Tuesday: Tempo run
- Wednesday: HIIT cardio & upper + lower strength circuits
- Thursday: Full body strength
- Saturday: Track sprints and extra long leisure walk (or a few)
- Sunday: Recovery run and extra long leisure walk (or a few)
NOTE: Just because there are not scheduled rest days does not mean that I don’t take them; I just don’t schedule them, but know that they DO happen. Also, I do all of my workouts in my apartment gym or outside with minimal equipment (e.g. dumbbells, treadmill, bench, jump rope) and bodyweight.
- Monday – These meatballs over spaghetti squash
- Tuesday – Salmon burgers with chipotle lime mayo; broccoli slaw with coconut aminos
- Wednesday – Spaghetti squash primavera with basil cashew pesto
- Thursday – Grass-fed beef burgers with roasted brussels and sweet potato “chips”
- Friday – Marinara with extra non-starchy veggies and ground turkey over sautéed broccoli slaw; buttery [coconut oil] garlic bread
- Saturday – Stir-fry with coconut aminos or slow cooker “soup” with leftover chicken and veggies from the week
- Saturday – Deconstructed Taco Salad
- Sunday – Omelette with toast
NOTE: I cook dinner fresh daily, but do a good bit of prep work on the weekend (e.g. wash/chop veg, make sauces, prepare meat), and also use a number of convenience options (e.g. pre-washed greens, frozen vegetables) to streamline my weeknight routine.
And that’s a wrap for Day 1! Have a request for an upcoming post – perhaps a topic that confuses you, or that you’d like to learn more about? Specific question you’ve been meaning, but hesitant to ask or something regarding this post? Leave me a post on my Facebook page, message the page directly or send me a DM on Instagram (@emilynminer). If we’re not connected there already, we should be! I love hearing from you. Come say ‘hey.’ 🙂