So it’s no secret that I love veggies – raw, grilled, roasted, dehydrated (hellllo kale chips!), whatever. There are very few vegetables that I will not eat, save for anything blended/pureed… until a friend introduced me to this green shake, which is too good not to share. A great way to get a serving of veggies in, especially if/when you’d rather not chew them, and especially through the warmer summer months when the last thing I want to do is turn on the stove. I’ve been enjoying a big glass of this most mornings, along with eggs or some Keta salmon for staying power (protein) and lots of organic coffee, black. Though I keep my eats pretty simple, you can bet they’re still supes satisfying. Why? Simple + satisfying = sustainable. And sustainable is what we’re after.
So…without further adieu:
Insanely Delicious Kale Shake
- ~8 oz. Unsweetened almond milk (I love the 365-brand)
- Lots of green kale (*hint: I blend the stems, but might reco de-stemming if you don’t have a high-speed blender)
- 1 spoonful of Navitas Naturals Cacao
- Truvia, to taste
- Ice, to desired consistency
- Optional: garnish with cacao nibs, unsweetened coconut flakes for an extra crunch
Even throw in the freezer, mixing occasionally, for DIY “ice cream,” but better.
If you try it, let me know what you think. 🙂
What’s your fave way to eat kale? Any simple & satisfying (S&S) recipes I should know about? Let me know on my Facebook page!